Book your visit now
Call: +44 (0)1326 252 100
or book online:
Blog: Natural Scrubs
Natural scrubs you can make at home for your face and body from our Natural Health Spa Manager.
Our top 5 tips for your wellbeing are:
- Plenty of Vitamin D3 - if you are unable to get out in the sun enough, make sure you take a supplement
- Any physical activity - at least 30 min a day, a fast walk that gets your heart rate up is ideal
- Vitamin C - important for your immune system
- Water - keep hydrated, there's a host of physical benefits from getting enough to drink
- Meditation - important for your mental wellbeing. Lots of great guided meditation and wellbeing videos on YouTube you can listen to for free. Find the one that suits the issue you may need help with.
Here are 3 easy home made scrubs for different skin types to help get your skin summer ready
Our skin is constantly undergoing a natural cell turnover process by generating new cells and shedding the old. The bad news? This process slows down as we age which can lead to our skin looking dull and feeling dry. The good news? We have the low down on radiance rescuing scrubs which will uncover your fresh, heathy skin - and easy to make home!
Strawberries contain salicylic acid, which is a beta-hydroxy acid which is useful for problematic skin.
- Strawberries: 6 pcs
- Sweet almond oil: 3 tablespoon
- Brown sugar: 3 tablespoons
Using a blender or food processor, blend the ingredients until the consistency is creamy and contains no big chunks of strawberry. Apply to wet skin in a circular massaging motion making sure to apply to areas that feel rough and dry. Rinse with warm water. This scrub is great for smoothing your complexion and adding a radiant glow to your skin.
These are an excellent natural ingredient you can use to maintain the freshness and softness of the skin on your face and body.
- Pureed banana: 2 teaspoons
- Fried oatmeal: 2 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoons
- Milk: 1 tablespoons
Blend everything in a blender or food processor until smooth. Massage lightly onto wet skin, and then rinse with warm water.
Cucumbers are a wonder in the beauty world, and they are often found in cosmetics, especially skincare. They can smooth fine lines and wrinkles while supplying the skin with B vitamins.
- Cucumber: 1 pc (chopped)
- Fresh basil: 5 leaves
- Brown sugar: 5 tablespoons
- Coconut oil: 5 tablespoon (liquid)
Pulse ingredients in blender or food processor for 1 minute until the mixture becomes homogeneous. Lightly massage it on your wet skin, and rinse with warm water. Enjoy the light and refreshing aroma of cucumbers as you scrub impurities away.