Book your visit now
Call: +44 (0)1326 252 100
or book online:
Job Vacancies at Budock Vean Hotel in Cornwall
The Budock Vean Hotel is currently recruiting. Please be advised that due to the rural nature of the hotel and poor public transport links, own transport will be required. A live-in option is available for full time positions, subject to availability.
All staff receive a share of the tips fund twice a year after completing a 3 month probationary period, plus meals on duty are provided and a uniform for front of house staff. Unless otherwise indicated, please email your CV with a covering letter stating the post you are interested in to email@example.com
If you are interested in working at Budock Vean, we look for specific attributes, competancies and capabilities in new staff. For a better understanding of what we are looking for, beyond the brief job outline read our Core Values document. We aim to provide our guests with high quality experiences, which to us, means giving people what they want. At Budock Vean the answer to the question is “yes”.
We are currently looking for a Night Porter to ensure the smooth running of the hotel throughout the night. Main duties would be:
- Ensuring the security of the building - locking up and lights out duties
- Late night bar service
- Late night reception duties
- Dealing with late guest arrivals
- Carry out regular nightly checks inc boilers, pool filters, water quality checks
- Carry out night cleaning duties
- Shoe cleaning duty
- Newspaper orders
- Early morning opening up for deliveries
- Attending to minor maintenance problems
- Full knowledge and able to act on the hotel's fire plan
This post would be 40 hours per week and usually consist of 4 night shifts of 10 hours. A full job description is available on request. Please email your application/CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Housekeeper and Room Assistants
We have one position as Assistant Housekeeper available who would be responsible for supervising the housekeeping team as well as providing general assistance to the Head Housekeeper and Deputy Head Housekeeper, ie, assisting with covering for holidays and holidays. Day to day duties would include cleaning of the hotel bedrooms and holiday cottages, laundry and assisting in the hotel, ensuring that all staff have the resources, equipment and training necessary to allow them to carry out their roles to the required standards. Otherwise, the Assistant Housekeeper will work as a room assistant.
There are 2 room assistant posts available, who would be responsible for cleaning and servicing hotel bedrooms and bathrooms plus holiday cottage change-overs . Shifts may vary and will include hotel room and self catering units change over, some weekend work and evening turndowns. Aprox 25-30 hours per week, 4 days a week. You must be able to work weekends.
Please send a covering letter and your cv to Sue Paull - email@example.com
Restaurant - Waiter/Waitress/Wine Waiter
We are looking for candidates for the high quality service of breakfast and dinner service meals in the main restaurant plus an experienced wine waiter. Previous experience in a similar establishment preferred but not necessary as training will be given. Some posts will be up to 30-35 hours per week, others part time, split shifts and some evening and weekend work.
Please apply in writing or by email with CV to Mrs M Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org
Spa Therapist - part time
We are looking or a highly motivated and efficient therapist required to join our successful team. Working hours are part-time and will include weekend and holiday cover, approximately 2-3 days per week. The ideal applicant will hold an NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent, ideally with experience in a busy Spa environment. Spiezia, Elemis and Jessica training preferred, but not essential.
Please apply in writing or by email with CV to Ms Zoe Hirst - email@example.com
We are looking for cheerful and outgoing person with great customer care skills to work in our hotel bar, reporting to the Food and Beverages Manager. Full-time position, with varied hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Providing the highest level of service of drinks, bar snacks and afternoon teas in the Cocktail Bar, lounges and gardens.
- Evening table service - welcoming guests prior to dinner, taking drinks orders, and any orders for casual dining in the lounge/bar area.
- After dinner, taking orders from guests for coffee or other hot drinks and delivering them to the guests as quickly as possible.
- Operating the bar tills and ensuring guest orders are charged to the correct room account.
- Making sure you are familiar with all the drinks available in the bar and where they are located, and where spare bottles are located in the case of when those on display run out.
- Clearing glasses, plates and tea/coffee trays after guests have finished plus washing and drying glasses.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge areas are kept clean and tidy at all times; cushions plumped up, chairs rearranged, papers and waste paper cleared away, tables wiped down.
- Be friendly and helpful to guests at all times and engage in conversation as time and occasion allows.
- To deal with any customer enquiries and complaints during the course of service, taking action as appropriate and reporting back to management on steps taken.
- In the winter months ensure the fire is kept going in the Pendennis Lounge throughout the day and evening.
Please email a covering letter and CV for the attention of Mrs Roberts to firstname.lastname@example.org