Book your visit now
Call: +44 (0)1326 252 100
or book online:
Job Vacancies at Budock Vean Hotel in Cornwall
The Budock Vean Hotel is currently recruiting.
Please be advised that due to the rural nature of the hotel and poor public transport links, own transport will be required. A live-in option is available for full time positions, subject to availability.
Our online reviews regularly praise the levels of customer care delivered by our staff. Not only do we look for the right people with the right experience, but with the right personality and attributes that will make them an asset to the team and enhance the visit of the people who stay with us
People stay and visit Budock Vean for many reasons, be it a holiday, wedding, conference, spa day or just somewhere nice to come and relax over lunch with friends. It’s our job to ensure they leave with good memories and a great experience, which to us, means giving people what they want. At Budock Vean the answer to the question is “yes”.
If you have what it takes to deliver first class customer care, then you’re just the person we’re looking for.
Benefits of working here (after probationary period):
- A twice yearly share of the tips fund
- Meals on duty provided
- Uniform for front of house staff.
- A free spa treatment each year
- A free kayak trip and boat trip on the Helford River with our partners Helford River Cruises and Koru Kayaking
- 25% discount on other spa treatments
- 25% discount on 2 night accommodation for immediate family
- 10% discount in the golf shop
- 25% discount for meals taken with your husband/wife/partner including drinks and wine
- Special overnight rates for employee and guest at our sister hotel, The Treglos, at Constantine Bay near Padstow (subject to availability)
Unless otherwise indicated, please email your CV with a covering letter stating the post you are interested in to email@example.com
Reception Staff - one year full time covering maternity leave
Similar Reception experience preferred but not essential as training will be given. Full-time role approximately 40 hours per week and a mixture of day, evening and weekend shifts.
- To welcome guests in a friendly, courteous manner and to maximise sales by informing guests of all facilities within the hotel and to offer every help and assistance during and prior to their stay.
- Be aware of room status and ensure that the number of rooms are known at any given time and that any opportunity to maximise sales is taken.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit card transactions
- Ensure that all incoming and internal telephone calls are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Ensure that all charges are correctly posted to guest accounts.
- Maintain hotel sales and room occupancy by the skilful up-selling of the hotels facilities.
- Follow up on any sales leads.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mr Stuart Perks - firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which role you are applying for
You would be responsible for cleaning and servicing hotel bedrooms and bathrooms plus holiday cottage change-overs . Shifts may vary and will include hotel room and self catering units change over, some weekend work and evening turndowns. Aprox 25-30 hours per week, 4 days a week. You must be able to work weekends.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs Sue Paull - email@example.com
Restaurant - Waiter/Waitress
We are looking for candidates for the high quality service of breakfast and dinner service meals in the main restaurant plus an experienced wine waiter. Previous experience in a similar establishment preferred but not necessary as training will be given. Some posts will be up to 30-35 hours per week, others part time, split shifts and some evening and weekend work.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs M Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Spa Manager/Head Therapist - Salary c£21k dependent on experience
This is a full time role that will involve a combination of weekday and weekend work. Key elements of the role are:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of a team of 7 therapists, including recruitment, training and development and ongoing support including annual appraisals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operations of the Spa including the menu of treatments provided, the hours of operation etc.
- To ensure that all treatments provided are carried out to the highest possible standards using Elemis, Speizia and Jessica.
- This is a hands-on management role where we estimate 2 days a week will be spent on management and 3 days a week on carrying out treatments.
- To have a full understanding of the Premier Spa + and Spa + Manager IT systems.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep and maintenance of the Spa and its equipment.
- Working with the Managing Director to set annual sales targets and budgets, manage the budget on a day to day basis and report on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for stock control including a monthly stock take and ordering. Meet with the reps from different product companies regularly to maintain good relationships.
- Responsibility for driving sales and working with the Marketing Manager to devise campaigns to promote the Spa to guests and to the local community, including monthly spa offer and hotel spa breaks.
- Responsible for the annual review of the spa brochure and for proposing changes to content and prices in tandem with the Marketing Manager.
- Being part of the senior management team and attending regular meetings.
We are looking for an experienced spa therapist to join our busy team. You would need to be qualified to Level 3 Beauty Therapy and preferably have training in Elemis and Jessica products. You would need to be able to work alternate weekends.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Zoe Hirst - email@example.com
Full-time position, with varied hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Providing the highest level of service of drinks, bar snacks and afternoon teas in the Cocktail Bar, lounges and gardens.
- Evening table service - welcoming guests prior to dinner, taking drinks orders, and any orders for casual dining in the lounge/bar area.
- After dinner, taking orders from guests for coffee or other hot drinks and delivering them to the guests as quickly as possible.
- Operating the bar tills and ensuring guest orders are charged to the correct room account.
- Making sure you are familiar with all the drinks available in the bar and where they are located, and where spare bottles are located in the case of when those on display run out.
- Clearing glasses, plates and tea/coffee trays after guests have finished plus washing and drying glasses.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge areas are kept clean and tidy at all times; cushions plumped up, chairs rearranged, papers and waste paper cleared away, tables wiped down.
- Be friendly and helpful to guests at all times and engage in conversation as time and occasion allows.
- To deal with any customer enquiries and complaints during the course of service, taking action as appropriate and reporting back to management on steps taken.
- In the winter months ensure the fire is kept going in the Pendennis Lounge throughout the day and evening.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org