Book your visit now
Call: +44 (0)1326 252 100
or book online:
Job Vacancies at Budock Vean Hotel in Cornwall
The Budock Vean Hotel is currently recruiting.
Please be advised that due to the rural nature of the hotel and poor public transport links, own transport will be required. A live-in option is available for full time positions, subject to availability.
Our online reviews regularly praise the levels of customer care delivered by our staff. Not only do we look for the right people with the right experience, but with the right personality and attributes that will make them an asset to the team and enhance the visit of the people who stay with us
People stay and visit Budock Vean for many reasons, be it a holiday, wedding, conference, spa day or just somewhere nice to come and relax over lunch with friends. It’s our job to ensure they leave with good memories and a great experience, which to us, means giving people what they want. At Budock Vean the answer to the question is “yes”.
If you have what it takes to deliver first class customer care, then you’re just the person we’re looking for.
Benefits of working here (after probationary period):
- A twice yearly share of the tips fund
- Meals on duty provided
- Uniform for front of house staff.
- A free spa treatment each year
- A free kayak trip and boat trip on the Helford River with our partners Helford River Cruises and Koru Kayaking
- 25% discount on other spa treatments
- 25% discount on 2 night accommodation for immediate family
- 10% discount in the golf shop
- 25% discount for meals taken with your husband/wife/partner including drinks and wine
- Special overnight rates for employee and guest at our sister hotel, The Treglos, at Constantine Bay near Padstow (subject to availability)
- Free entry to Trebah Garden
Unless otherwise indicated, please email your CV with a covering letter stating the post you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a super organised, cheerful and outgoing person with great customer care skills to become our Head Porter. You will be the manager of that team and be responsible also for implementing the hotel's H&S policies and requisite staff training in this area. First aid qualification would be useful, but training will be arranged.
This is a full-time position, 5 days a week, aprox 9am - 5.30pm and 40 hours per week, this will include some weekend shifts. £9.90 per hour.
Main duties include:
- Responsible for welcoming every guest and escorting them to their room, delivering their luggage and ensuring they have everything they need. Full room induction given to guests
- Ensuring a consistently high level of customer service and standards for all public areas including, conservatory, patio, lounges, swimming pool and front entrance.
- Responsible for your weekly team rotas, staffing levels, time sheets and holidays.
- Attending fortnightly management meetings and reporting back to your team.
- Ensure that all hotel staff comply with all training, risk assessment and COSHH requirements and carry out staff appraisals and regular briefings with your team. Ensure all new staff get full induction training
- Responsible for routine weekly tests of fire alarms, checking fire doors, emergency lighting and fire exits.
- Responsible for daily testing of the swimming pool and hot tub for chlorine, Ph and temperature plus ordering of all chemicals for the swimming pool and heating oil
- Rectify small maintenance faults (eg, replacing light bulbs, bleeding radiators)
- Liaise closely with other Department Managers to improve the running of the hotel and to provide an efficient service.
- Deal with any unsatisfied customers and communicate any details to the General Manager.
Please send a covering letter and full CV covering previous experience in this type of role to email@example.com
We are looking for 2 candidates to join our housekeeping team to be responsible for bedroom changeover cleans and also for our 7 self catering properties. This will be a mixture of weekday and weekend shifts, but approximately 9am - 2.30pm, 25 hours per week. The rate of pay is the minimum wage for your age.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs Sue Paull - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bar and Restaurant
We are looking for a cheerful and outgoing people with great customer care skills to work in our hotel bar and restaurant, reporting to the Food and Beverages Manager. Full-time position, with varied hours, including some evenings and weekends. The rate of pay is the minimum wage for your age.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing the highest level of service of drinks, bar snacks and afternoon teas in the Cocktail Bar, lounges and gardens.
- Evening table service - welcoming guests prior to dinner, taking drinks orders, and any orders for casual dining in the lounge/bar area.
- After dinner, taking orders from guests for coffee or other hot drinks and delivering them to the guests as quickly as possible.
- Operating the bar tills and ensuring guest orders are charged to the correct room account.
- Making sure you are familiar with all the drinks available in the bar and where they are located, and where spare bottles are located in the case of when those on display run out.
- Clearing glasses, plates and tea/coffee trays after guests have finished plus washing and drying glasses.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge areas are kept clean and tidy at all times; cushions plumped up, chairs rearranged, papers and waste paper cleared away, tables wiped down.
- Be friendly and helpful to guests at all times and engage in conversation as time and occasion allows.
- To deal with any customer enquiries and complaints during the course of service, taking action as appropriate and reporting back to management on steps taken.
- In the winter months ensure the fire is kept going in the Pendennis Lounge throughout the day and evening.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to Mrs M Roberts, Food and Beverage Manager - email email@example.com