Book your visit now
Call: +44 (0)1326 252 100
or book online:
Job Vacancies at Budock Vean Hotel in Cornwall
The Budock Vean Hotel is currently recruiting.
Please be advised that due to the rural nature of the hotel and poor public transport links, own transport will be required. A live-in option is available for full time positions, subject to availability.
Our online reviews regularly praise the levels of customer care delivered by our staff. Not only do we look for the right people with the right experience, but with the right personality and attributes that will make them an asset to the team and enhance the visit of the people who stay with us
People stay and visit Budock Vean for many reasons, be it a holiday, wedding, conference, spa day or just somewhere nice to come and relax over lunch with friends. It’s our job to ensure they leave with good memories and a great experience, which to us, means giving people what they want. At Budock Vean the answer to the question is “yes”.
If you have what it takes to deliver first class customer care, then you’re just the person we’re looking for.
Benefits of working here (after probationary period):
- A twice yearly share of the tips fund
- Meals on duty provided
- Uniform for front of house staff.
- A free spa treatment each year
- A free kayak trip and boat trip on the Helford River with our partners Helford River Cruises and Koru Kayaking
- 25% discount on other spa treatments
- 25% discount on 2 night accommodation for immediate family
- 10% discount in the golf shop
- 25% discount for meals taken with your husband/wife/partner including drinks and wine
- Special overnight rates for employee and guest at our sister hotel, The Treglos, at Constantine Bay near Padstow (subject to availability)
Unless otherwise indicated, please email your CV with a covering letter stating the post you are interested in to email@example.com
Restaurant Supervisor (full time aprox 30-35 hours per week, split shifts, including evening and weekend work, Christmas and New Year)
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Good training and supervisory skills
- Able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Good planning and organisational skills
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Food and Beverage (F&B) Manager in the management of the restaurant and bar, and taking responsibility for this in the managers absence, including supervising service of breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Assisting the F&B Manager in ensuring consistently high levels of service in the bar and restaurant.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness in the restaurant and bar.
- In the absence of the F&B Manager ensure rotas are agreed and allocated
- Work with F&B Manager to ensure regular stock takes
- Work with the F&B Manager to ensure the team complies with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Assist the F&B Manager in inductions and training of new team members
- In the absence of the F&B Manager taking responsibility for evening dinner service table plans and ensuring smooth service from the team.
- In the absence of the F&B Manager, liaise with the Head Chef to provide an efficient service and maintain food quality standards.
A full job description is available on request. Please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Mrs M Roberts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Restaurant - Waiter/Waitress
We are looking for candidates for the high quality service of breakfast and dinner service meals in the main restaurant plus an experienced wine waiter. Previous experience in a similar establishment preferred but not necessary as training will be given. Some posts will be up to 30-35 hours per week, others part time, split shifts and some evening and weekend work.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs M Roberts - email@example.com
We are currently looking for a highly motivated apprentice to join our successful spa team. Working hours are part time and will include weekend and holiday cover, but approximately 4 days per week. You will need to hold an NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy and wish to work towards an NVQ Level 3. We will give you training in a busy spa environment using Spiezia, Elemis and Jessica projects.
Applicants are advised that due to the rural nature of the hotel you would need your own transport to get here. If you do not have your own transport, please demonstrate how you would intend to get to work should you be successful.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Zoe Hirst - firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position, with varied hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Providing the highest level of service of drinks, bar snacks and afternoon teas in the Cocktail Bar, lounges and gardens.
- Evening table service - welcoming guests prior to dinner, taking drinks orders, and any orders for casual dining in the lounge/bar area.
- After dinner, taking orders from guests for coffee or other hot drinks and delivering them to the guests as quickly as possible.
- Operating the bar tills and ensuring guest orders are charged to the correct room account.
- Making sure you are familiar with all the drinks available in the bar and where they are located, and where spare bottles are located in the case of when those on display run out.
- Clearing glasses, plates and tea/coffee trays after guests have finished plus washing and drying glasses.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge areas are kept clean and tidy at all times; cushions plumped up, chairs rearranged, papers and waste paper cleared away, tables wiped down.
- Be friendly and helpful to guests at all times and engage in conversation as time and occasion allows.
- To deal with any customer enquiries and complaints during the course of service, taking action as appropriate and reporting back to management on steps taken.
- In the winter months ensure the fire is kept going in the Pendennis Lounge throughout the day and evening.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Mrs Roberts - email@example.com